FP7 Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND Programme
You will find on this page the most frequently asked questions, we hope it will be helpful!
Enhanced Eurotalents is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie COFUND programme, which covers 40% of the researcher's salary. Keep in mind that the CEA host laboratory has to support the remaining 60%.
Once you have been found eligible for the programme, you need to find a CEA laboratory, willing and able to host you and to provide you with the necessary means to carry out your research project. Once you have found a potential CEA host laboratory, please send its contact details to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (or mention it directly in your cover letter).
Once you have been found eligible, your records may be sent to scientific counsellors, who may help you identify potential host laboratories depending on your profile. If successful, these labs contact details will be sent to you by e-mail. In the meantime, you are strongly advised to initiate contacts on your own with potential laboratories after browsing through CEA laboratories online. To help you get started with your research, please consult the "How can I find a lab?" section containing a non-exhaustive list of some CEA laboratories.
It generally takes two to three months for the results to be announced. You will be sent an email informing you of the outcome of the evaluation process. In addition, the results will be published in the "Fellows" section on the website. Use your project number to find it.
Enhanced Eurotalents incoming fellows usually have a specific fixed-term contract for international mobility of researchers, whose contractual conditions are compatible with the rules defined by the European Commission and the French employment law.
Enhanced Eurotalents incoming fellows mostly have the same rights and duties than permanent workers at CEA. The researcher's salary ranges from about €3,450/month to about €5,350/month depending on experience. This amount includes a mobility allowance (around €600/month) of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie programmes. "Gross" salary means that due to the French legislation, you will be paid about 80% of the amount. The remaining 20% will go to the Health Insurance Plan (Sécurité sociale), your pension fund, and your top-up insurance. The French National Health Insurance Plan and your top-up insurance cover almost all your medical expenses.
Working hours at CEA are 8:30am to 5:10pm. CEA employees benefit from 24 days of compensatory time and 28 days of paid holidays.
You didn't find the answer you were looking for in this section? Use the contact form to ask your question, and we will be happy to help you out!
CEA is a French government-funded technological research organisation in four main areas: low-carbon energies, defense and security, information technologies and health technologies. A prominent player in the European Research Area, it is involved in setting up collaborative projects with many partners around the world.